The adoption lawyer in Ukraine provides legal services for the adoption of children by Ukrainian citizens and foreign nationals (international adoption).
The services of an lawyer for adoption in Ukraine:
- legal advice of an adoption lawyer
- legal advice on international adoption
- legal support of the adoption process
- drafting of a statement of claim to the court on adoption
- representation in the adoption court
- preparation of documents for adoption and more.
The adopter can be an adult and capable person, not more than 21 years old (with the exception that the child's relative acts as the adoptive parent). The difference in age between the adopter and the child can not be more than 45 years.
The order of adoption of a child by foreigners in Ukraine:
- documents for adoption from foreigners are submitted to the Department for the Adoption of Children of the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine (documents for adoption issued abroad must be legalized in the country of their issuance - an apostille is stamped, after that, translation of documents into Ukrainian is done with a notarized translation of documents)
- adoptive parents are registered as candidates for adoption and are introduced to the data of children who are subject to international adoption
- adoptive parents are given a referral for acquaintance with the child and they get acquainted with the child
- children's institution where the child is located prepares an opinion on the possibility of foreigners to be adopters of the child
- preparing documents and application to court
- the court makes a decision on the adoption of the child by foreigners (in court it is possible to change the name and the name of the child, the date of birth of the child, to add the data of the new parents to the Certificate)
- passes the state registration of the adoption of the child and a new birth certificate of the child with new child data is issued
- adoptive parents prepare documents for the child's departure abroad (also it is necessary to legalize the child's documents for the child's departure abroad - to put an apostille)
- the adoptive parents shall register the child at the consular office of Ukraine abroad.
International adoption is subject to children aged at least 5 years who are included in the base of the Department for the Adoption of Children of the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine.
The examination of cases on adoption in Ukraine is held in court. The disclosure of the secrecy of adoption provides for criminal liability.